The WIN – Worldwide Innovation Network project
An international network of Research & Development structured according to the principles of cooperation aimed to facilitate technology transfer from university to industry and reduce the time to market of products
In early 2012, Biolchim has launched the WIN (acronym for Worldwide Innovation Network) project, an international network of collaborations aimed at creating innovation. WIN is structured according to the principles of cooperation and crowdsourcing.
Through WIN, Biolchim cooperates with its partners in all the phases of product development, from ideation to marketing, with two main goals:
- to facilitate technology transfer: by cooperating with universities, research centers, innovative spin-offs and start-ups, Biolchim participates in major research projects in plant nutrition, industrial technologies, logistics, marketing, and communication, aiming at turning results into innovative products and services for large-scale commercialization.
- to reduce the time-to-market of the product: prior to their launch onto the market, new products are simultaneously tested in the diverse agricultural contexts where the WIN partners are operating. In this way, Biolchim and its collaborators can accelerate the introduction of new products to the local markets, and create a portfolio of technical know-how available to all WIN partners.
Co-creation is a new innovation strategy based on the involvement of the market players in the generation and realization of a shared value. Up to now, the use of external resources in the innovation process by companies have been limited to unidirectional academic collaborations, where universities or research centers developed projects designed by firms. With co-creation, collaborations become bidirectional and expand: companies, universities, research centers and market players share resources and tools to develop internally or externally generated ideas, with great benefit of all parts involved.
AREAS OF INNOVATION
WIN is a 360-degree innovation network focused on five main areas:
- PRODUCT: end products and raw materials of natural origin with nutritional and biostimulant properties. Chelating and complexing agents, and co-formulants (tensioactive and anti-foaming agents, humectants, preservatives, ect…)
- MANUFACTURING PROCESS: hi-technology extraction and granulation processes.
- PACKAGING: biodegradable, recyclable, and coated plastics.
- BUSINESS and OPERATION MANAGEMENT: business and logistic models.
- MARKETING and COMMUNICATION: social media marketing and multimedia communication.
POTENTIAL WIN PARTNER
- Universities and Research Institutes.
- Private Test Facilities.
- Business partners.