SUNRED®Biostimulant of fruit colouring
- Enhances fruit colouring
- Improves fruit ripening uniformity
- Increases soluble sugar content (°BRIX)
- Does not alter flesh firmness
Plant extracts, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Monosaccharides.
The product can be mixed with all common formulations, except with products based on Copper, mineral oils and emulsions. A simple mixture test to check compatibility is advisable.
Mode of action
SUNRED® contains plant extracts rich in Oxylipins, natural enhancers of many ripening-related processes that act on fruit DNA directly. SUNRED® stimulates:
- pigment accumulation: SUNRED® supplies both the precursors (Phenylalanine) and the enhancers (Oxylipins) of the biosynthetic pathways of anthocyanin, the pigments mainly responsible for fruit colouring;
- sugar accumulation: Monosaccharides serve as Carbon and energy source for plant primary metabolism;
- cell wall strengthening: Oxylipins induce the natural synthesis of lignin and monolignols, phenolic compounds able to reinforce cell walls. As a result, SUNRED® does not alter flesh firmness nor fruit storability.
Pursuant to art. 48 of EC Regulation 1272/2008 (CLP), before concluding the purchase contract it is required to read the risks associated with the product.